How to Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2010 Using POP
Here you will learn how to add your Gmail Account to Outlook 2010 using POP.
1)You need to log on to your Gmail account and then move to the setting page of your Gmail account. Then right under the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab click on the POP for all mail is enabled. However, two other options available at there like POP for mail that arrives from now on and Disable POP.
2) Now you need to start the Outlook 2010, then click on the NEXT button in order to start the setup and add your Gmail account.
3) Now you need to select YES in order to add an email account to Outlook 2010. Moving forward, it will guide you to simple steps in order to setup your Gmail account in Outlook 2010.
4) However, in case you are already using Microsoft Outlook 2010 and wish to add a new POP account, then you can click on the file menu in the ribbon and then under the select Add Account under the Account Information.
5) In this particular scenario, where you are already using Outlook 2010. Therefore, it can manage automatically to find and configure your Gmail account with just your email address and email account password. You only need these information and then click on the NEXT button in order to allow Outlook 2010 to set up your account automatically.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 will start to scan on behalf of your email accounts settings.
6) You will be notified by following screen when Outlook 2010 will able to find settings for your Gmail account and also configure it automatically.
7) However, in case where Outlook 2010 fails to setup your Gmail account automatically, you can configure it manually by simply configuring the sever setting by selecting the additional server types and then click on the NEXT button.
8 )You need to select the Internet Email and then click on the NEXT button.
9) You need to enter your email account user name, your email address, and log in information. Whereas, under the server information section, you need to enter POP3 under Account Type, POP.Gmail.Com under incoming mail server, and smtp.Gmail.com under the outgoing mail server. In addition, you can check on the Remember Password option, so every time you don’t need to enter your password.
10) Click on the More Settings button, after you have entered the required information.
11)Check the my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication under the outgoing server tab. Select the Outgoing Server tab, and check my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. In addition, verify that the same setting for my incoming mail server is also marked as well.
12) Now select the advanced tab and enter 995 in Incoming Server (POP3), 587 in Outgoing Server (SMTP), check the option This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) and select TLS for use the following type of encrypted connection.
13) In order to close the window, you need to click on OK button and then click on NEXT button to finish the process of setting up your Gmail account. Microsoft Outlook 2010 will test your Gmail account settings in order to make sure that everything is working, you may click on CLOSE button when all test completed successfully.
14) You will be notified with the following message box upon finishing of setting up Gmail account with Outlook 2010. As your Gmail account is ready to synchronize with Microsoft Outlook 2010. So you can enjoy Gmail emails in Outlook 2010.