How to Apply Rules on Text Messages (SMS) in Outlook 2010
You can apply different rules by using Outlook 2010 Rules wizard over the sending and receiving of emails. This is an incredible addition that comes up in Outlook 2010. However, it would be more beneficial for you to apply rules in case if you have subscribed to the Text messaging server, which has been integrated with the Outlook 2010. Outlook 2010 Rules Wizard lets user apply new rules over sending and receiving emails, but it would be even more useful to apply rules, when you have subscribed to a Text Message service, which integrates with Outlook 2010.
Here you will learn how to apply rules on text messages (SMS) in Outlook 2010.
This is a very simple task and you will be able to learn through below mentioned simple steps.
1) You need to launch the Outlook 2010. However, it is important to make sure that your text message account should be configured properly. So you need to navigate through the home tab. Then from the rules drop down option, you can click on manage rules and alerts. We are showing you in below image.
2) You will see a dialog box appears for rules and alerts. You need to select your desired account on which you wish to apply rule. Then click on the NEW RULE as shown in below screen image.
3) Here in this particular example, we have selected Apply rule on messages we send, as shown in below image. Then click on the NEXT button in order to continue further.
4) Here in this particular example, we wish to send messages to other person. Therefore, without enabling any other option, you need to click on the NEXT button. A dialog box will appear, as shown in below screen image. So click on the YES button in order to continue further.
5) As shown in below screen shot, at this screen you can check on various actions. However, we have checked on the options notify me when it is delivered, and the other one is Cc the message to people or public group option. Whereas, from the bottom pane, you can click on the People or Public Group in order to include email address of the recipients. Then click on the OK button in order to finish off the wizard, as shown in below screen image.
6) Therefore, apply the newly defined rule over the sending of the text messages. After applying this newly created rule, you will be notified, as Outlook 2010 will send automatically a copy of the message to specified recipients. You can find the same scenario in below screen image.
So, here you have learned about how to apply rules on text messages (SMS) in outlook 2010. This is an impressive feature and very handy as well. By using this feature, you can define rules in Outlook 2010. Especially, when you have configured your official email address with Outlook 2010, then you can use this feature to in order to define different types of rules by simply following above mentioned simple steps.